Home to the arts, entertainment and history.
Discover Schenectady County is a non-profit organization responsible for promoting travel, tourism, conference and convention assets and opportunities throughout Schenectady County. Discover Schenectady inspires visitors to experience and enjoy all that Schenectady County has to offer, from its vibrant communities with dining, entertainment and shopping to its gorgeous waterfront and outdoor activities.
Our staff of two work collectively to promote our County attractions through initiatives like the Schenectady Ale Trail, bring in new businesses by booking meetings, conferences and tour groups, and even plan events of our own, like Discover Schenectady's Hotel Week, to showcase our partners!
In addition to our staff, Discover Schenectady is governed by a dedicated and passionate Board of Directors.
Meet our Board of Directors:
- Cathy Gatta, President, Schenectady County Legislature
- Mona Golub, Vice President, Price Chopper/Market 32 and Music Haven Concert Series
- Jeff McDonald, Treasurer, Schenectady County Legislature
- Ray Legere, Secretary, Legere Restoration and the Schenectady Armory
- Pete Bednarek, Wolf Hollow Brewing Company
- Dave Brough, SUNY Schenectady
- Jeff Buell, Redburn Development
- Kate Fahey, DoubleTree by Hilton and Hampton Inn
- Jeff Michaelson, Courtyard by Marriott at Mohawk Harbor
- Subhash Modasra, Comfort Inn & Suites Schenectady - Scotia
- Joe Popolizio, The Waters Edge Lighthouse
- Blair Raymond, Union College
- Justin Moore, Rivers Casino & Resort
- Richard Ruzzo, Schenectady County Legislature
- Mary Zawacki, Schenectady County Historical Society and Mabee Farm Historic Site
- Philip Morris,Proctors
- Liz Totzeck, Glen Sanders Mansion
- David Hogenkamp, Schenectady Metroplex