Home to the arts, entertainment and history.
Discover Schenectady inspires residents and visitors alike to explore and enjoy all that Schenectady County has to offer! As the designated Tourism Promotion Agency (TPA) for Schenectady County, we work to share all of the wonderful reasons we have to live, work, stay and play throughout the County.
Our staff of three work collectively to promote our County attractions through initiatives like the Schenectady Ale Trail, bring in new businesses by booking meetings, conferences and other events, and even plan events of our own, like Discover Schenectady's Kick Off to Summer event, to showcase our partners!
In addition to our staff, Discover Schenectady is governed by a dedicated and passionate Board of Directors.
Meet our Board of Directors:
- Jeff McDonald, President, Schenectady County Legislature
- Ray Legere, Secretary, Legere Restoration and the Schenectady Armory
- Matt Mazzone, Treasurer, (The Glen Sanders Mansion and Key Hall at Proctors)
- Pete Bednarek, Wolf Hollow Brewing Company
- Dave Brough, SUNY Schenectady
- Jeff Buell, Redburn Development
- David Buicko, Galesi Group
- Tara Burnham, MiSci
- Terri Cerveny, Union College
- Kate Fahey, DoubleTree by Hilton and Hampton Inn
- Cathy Gatta, Schenectady County Legislature
- Mona Golub, Price Chopper/Market 32 and Music Haven Concert Series
- Bobby Mallozzi, Mallozzi Family Hospitality, Villa Italia and Johnny's Restaurant
- Carney McGuire, Rivers Casino and Resort
- Jeff Michaelson, Courtyard by Marriott at Mohawk Harbor
- Joe Popolizio, The Waters Edge Lighthouse
- Richard Ruzzo, Schenectady County Legislature
- Heather West, Proctors Collaborative
- Mary Zawacki, Schenectady County Historical Society and Mabee Farm Historic Site