Wow! The brand new bar at Scotti's Restaurant blew us away! We had a great great time catching up with Owner and Head Chef, Guy Sementelli, trying some of their new cocktails and enjoying the intimate setting in their newly renovated spot on Upper Union Street!
One of the most fun things we learned about Scotti's is how involved the whole family is -- Guy's mom, wife and kids all chip in! And another fun fact we learned off camera -- Scotti's was actually a favorite of actor Ray Liotta during his time in Schenectady filming A Place Beyond the Pines.
Be sure to visit Guy and the whole family at Scotti's soon! Call (518) 393-7440 to make your reservation!
A special thanks to Bizi Media for producing SchenectadEATS!
TOP VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS
- Scotti's has a history in Schenectady going back over 50 years. In all that time they have remained a neighborhood favorite. Looking for a small change to an already good thing, Guy has installed a brand new bar in the restaurant to cater to the local dining and nightlife crowd for the next half century to come.
- Previously a grocery store, the building was purchased and turned into the original Scotti's (a pizzeria and Italian restaurant) back in 1966, before being sold to the second owner in 1985. Guy's family took over Scotti's in 1994 and made a point to adhere to the quality Italian cuisine of the previous incarnations.
- Unique items at Scotti's that are either found on their farm-to-table menu or run as a special (which is then advertised both on social media and in the newspaper) include the calamari cutlet parmesan, pan-fried with marinara and mozzarella and served over steamed spinach, and the Veal Milanese cooked in garlic wine and mushroom sauce and served over fresh arugula.
- The wine choices at Scotti's include whites like the San Angelo Pinot Grigio made by Banfi, and reds like the Nero d'Avola by Cusumano.
- When you eat at Scotti's you have the opportunity to engage directly with the family responsible for these dishes and more. Guy's wife will likely seat you, his son is probably bussing your table, and his daughter very possibly made the cookies that you just might choose for dessert.