We love to celebrate Schenectady County every day, but this weekend we have something special in store! Come out to "Celebrate Summer in Schenectady County" at events throughout the weekend!
Friday, July 13th:
Festivities kick off on Friday night with the Capital Region's BIGGEST block party -- Schenectady County's SummerNight featuring the Spin Doctors on the main stage! The party kicks off at 5pm right in the heart of Downtown Schenectady.
In addition to the fun downtown on Friday, all weekend you can check out the Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Festa!
Here's a run down of the rest of the ways you can celebrate Summer in Schenectady County this weekend:
Saturday, July 14th:
- We are rolling out the red carpet for riders from Cycle the Erie 2018 that will be riding through Schenectady County on the way to their final stop! Not a cyclist? No problem -- all of these events are open to the public (some require ticket purchase in advance!)
- Take it Downtown 3v3 Basketball Tournament: The Schenectady YMCA's ‘Take It Downtown’ 3-on-3 basketball tournament games will take place in front of Schenectady’s City Hall. Come on down to watch teams take part in a day of friendly competition and good sportsmanship as we encourage physical activity and healthy living!
- Electric City ComicCon 2018: Comics! Cosplay! Contests! Come out to Schenectady County Public Library for the annual Electric City Comic Con! We have activities for everyone, including commissioning a piece of work in Artist Alley, and dressing up and participating in the Cosplay Costume Contest! This is a FREE event for all ages
- Looking for a day of fun for the whole family? Come on down to CanalFest at Mabee Farm for free activities as we celebrate the Erie Canalway!
- Harbor Jam Concert Series: Spend your Saturday night with the Unforgettable Fire U2 Tribute Band at Mohawk Harbor's amphitheater. All shows start at 6pm and are free!
- Cage Wars – Rivers Casino: Looking for an action-packed night? Join us on Saturday for a night of Mixed Martial Arts featuring local and regional fighters. Tickets are on sale now!
- Summer is for relaxing on the water! Take a cruise along the river with a rental from Upstate Kayak at Mohawk Harbor!
- You can't beat the views in Schenectady County! Whether you bike, walk or run enjoy a day outdoors and explore the County via Bikepath.
- Sit back, relax and enjoy live music from Praise Night at the Freedom Park Concert in the beautiful Village of Scotia!
Sunday, July 15th
Start your day with a yummy brunch at one of our many brunch hot spots, including Slidin' Dirty Schenectady, MORE Perrecca's, Roosters, Oliver's Cafe, and Malcolm's then enjoy a day full of activities throughout the county!
- Take a stroll through Downtown Schenectady after brunch and stop by the Schenectady Greenmarket. There are over 70 local vendors with fresh produce and artisan goods available for purchase!
- Discover the views of Schenectady from a Upstate Kayak rental at Mohawk Harbor!
- We can't think of a better way to spend your Sunday than exploring the County via Bikepath!
- End your weekend with Gabacho Marco at the Music Haven Concert Series. Experience the culture of Western, North African and Arabic influenced jazz fusion!
- Couldn't make the Freedom Park Concert Series on Saturday? Don't worry, we have another chance for you to catch a live performance by The Route Fifty Five in Freedom Park!