Are you planning on attending the annual Schenectady Wing Walk? We've rounded up everything you need to know about this popular event!
ABOUT THE EVENT
The 8th Annual Downtown Schenectady Wing Walk is a delicious opportunity to taste the best wings in town! Participating local restaurants will each offer their own unique flavor of chicken wings for you to sample. After you've tried them all, you can vote for your favorite, and one restaurant will be crowned the winner!
HOW THE EVENT WORKS
On the day of the event, head to Proctors box office anytime after 10am to exchange your ticket receipt for your map/ballot. The event officially kicks off at 12pm! Stroll around to the various restaurants and sample one wing per location, making sure to get your map/ballot stamped by each restaurant. You can start your walk at ANY participating location. Once you sample at least half of the wings, mark your map/ballot with your favorite restaurant and drop it at one of several drop-box locations around downtown!
- 20 North Broadway- Medium Garlic Gouda
- 151 Bar and Restaurant- Spicy Garlic Parm
- 611 Union- 611 Spicy Honey Wing
- Apostrophe Cafe – Guava BBQ Wing
- Backstage Pub – Smoked Caramel Bacon Bourbon Wing
- Bombers Burrito Bar– Medium Lemon Pepper Garlic
- Canvas, Corks & Forks – Boneless Cheesy Pepper Jack with a “Fall Salsa”
- Centre Street: A Public House & Garden – “Interdimensional Szechuan Boneless Wings”
- The DillyBean – Dill-Constructed Boneless Wing
- Café Coffee – Authentic Southern BBQ
- Grano– Orange Crispy Ginger Wing
- Hunter’s on Jay – Grilled Brined Lemon Pepper wing. Gluten free
- Isopo’s Downtown Pizza – Cherry Bourbon wing
- Johnny’s– “Alabama White”
- Katie O’Byrne’s – Trinity
- Mad Jack Brew Pub @ the Van Dyke– Maple Peanut Butter & Honey Siriacha Wing
- Mexican Radio – Raspberry Chipolte
- Nico’s Rooftop Tavern – Spicy Maple Bacon BBQ
- Taj Mahal Restaurant – Mango Tamarind
- Tropical Fever Executive Lounge – Jerk
- Union Inn – Cinnamon Apple
- Ya Ya’s House Southern Cuisine – Ya Ya’s Original Southern Fried Wing
CHILDCARE PROVIDED BY YMCA
Need a babysitter for parents day out? Supervised childcare (ages 6 weeks – 12 years) will be available during the Wing Walk! You must register by Friday, October 4. Kids can enjoy gym games, crafts, and activities, which will be broken down into age-specific areas. Choose how many hours (1-6 hours) of childcare service you will need. Drop off your child anytime starting at 11:30am. The latest you can pick-up your child will be 5:30pm. Cost: $5 per hour per child.