COVID 19 Updates from Discover Schenectady
As containing the spread of the COVID-19 virus continues to be top of mind for all of our communities, we know that our hospitality partners - hotels, meeting & event spaces, restaurants, bars and entertainment venues -- are all facing difficult times. One of the most special things about our community in Schenectady County is our ability to come together and support one another.
At Discover Schenectady, we will work to bring you the most accurate and up to date information about how this crisis is being handled. We also promise to be a source of information on how you can help continue to lift up our community partners during this difficult time. If we all continue to work together and support one another we will come through this an even stronger destination!
Below, we've pulled some resources together for you to stay informed, up to date and knowledgeable about what's happening in our community, how to keep yourself safe and how to support our neighbors, family and friends in the hospitality industry and beyond.
**For our hospitality partners -- we have a separate list of resources for you HERE.
NYS Dept. of Health: Current NY State Guidelines and Information
Schenectady County Public Health: Updated Information for Schenectady County
As the situation continues to evolve, we will keep this page as updated as possible with information about our hotels in Schenectady County. If you have an existing reservation that you need to change, please reach out to the hotel directory.
- The DoubleTree: OPEN
- Restaurant closed. Grab and go food options available.
- Fitness facility is closed.
- Visit their website; or
- Call 518.393.4141
- The Landing Hotel: CLOSED until 3/30/20
- Visit their website for information on changing your current booking or making new reservations
Schenectady County Hospitality Updates
- Restaurants and Bars: As our restaurant partners continue to navigate new regulations, we have created a comprehensive list of businesses offering delivery and take out options. Please note that we are doing our best to keep this list accurate and up to date, but we may miss something. Need a change, addition or deletion from this list? Please contact us at email@example.com.
- Online Shopping & Gift Cards: Here is a growing list of shops and restaurants that have made it possible to shop online or purchase gift cards virtually.
More Things to Think About
- In addition to supporting restaurants, our retail, entertainment and cultural institutions are also feeling the pain of the COVID19 pandemic. Please take a look at this resource on how you can support these other businesses and organizations safely until we're able to come together to support them in person.
- If you do need to go out for necessities, please take caution. If you are showing symptoms, stay home and order a no-contact delivery instead -- many of the businesses offering delivery will work with you to honor this option.
- CALL BEFORE YOU GO -- this is a good rule of thumb for any business that you're looking to conduct. Banking? Food Pick Up? Doctor's visit? Call ahead or check online to make sure that it's safe to make a visit to your desired destination.
- Continue to limit contact. If you do head out, maintain 6-10' distance from others and wash your hands frequently.